Monday, February 1, 2010

DN10 - House Full of Boys

I always live with a house full of boys.  This past weekend, however, Corey and I opened our home to a different group of boys . . . the 9th and 10th grade boys of our church youth group.  It was Disciple Now 2010, and we hosted 15 boys including small group leaders for 2 nights!  Yikes!

I'm not sure what Corey and I were thinking when we volunteered to be a host home.  15 boys?????  It was an interesting weekend.  Let me say that we did not get very much sleep.  Even though it was an exhausting weekend, it was really fun getting to know some of the boys.



As soon as the boys arrived, they immediately plugged up their XBox and began playing!





Britt Nicole was the worship leader for the weekend.


Corey and our good friends, Fred and Stacey Newell


The boys certainly made themselves at home.   What a mess - candy wrappers were everywhere!  This was just the first night!


This is how I found Corey Saturday morning - asleep in the closet.


Our small group leader - Soul Train!


Saturday breakfast





Tired boys


The Group


Some of the host home folks