Friday, July 10, 2009

It's Official!!!!

Well . . . it's official! My man is going to be in the ministry. He has accepted a part-time position at our church - Country Woods Baptist Church as Minister of Discipleship and Evangelism. He begins August 1st. It's something that he has been struggling with for about one year now. I truly believe that this is exactly where God is calling him. Is he nervous? Yes! Am I nervous? Absolutely! When you are walking by faith, you just have to trust God and believe that He has bigger plans, much bigger plans. It's like that song (can't remember the title or the artist) - "Whatever you're doing inside of me, it feels like chaos, but somehow there's peace. You're up to something bigger than me, something heavenly . . ." Anyway, Corey's passionate about Sunday School and about the Faith Evangelism Strategy; so I believe that he is a perfect match for this position. I am really excited about this new journey that God is leading us on. My prayer is that God would help me to be the support that Corey needs as he embarks on this journey. I don't know what this looks like; we'll just take it step by step. We want our family to stand strong. We want to honor and please our God. We want to love Him more than anything else!