Saturday, May 28, 2011

Summer Camp


This year, Tyler went to camp at Twin Lakes. He went Monday through Friday and spent the night!  He was so excited - I was nervous.  Tyler has spent the night away from home that long before, but it was with family.  I have been away from him that long before, but I could at least talk to him on the phone.  I couldn't talk to him any.  I think I was in worse shape.  

My bags are packed, and I am ready to go.

Just arrived at camp.  Tyler and his good friend Payton.  About to catch a ride on the golf cart to take them to the cabin.

Tyler settled in the cabin and getting a feel of the bed.

Last picture before I left him.

Tyler took a disposable camera with him.  There was no telling what kind of pictures he was going to take.  So here are the few that actually developed:)





Picture of their cabin




Friday - pick up day!  I was so excited to see my Tyler.  I missed him so much!  They had a great time.


Tyler with his counselor Mr. Michael.

I soooo wish I could have been there to see all that they did and take pictures.  I am supposed to be receiving a cd with pictures in the next month or two so hopefully I can post a few more pictures.

Tyler said that went horseback riding, archery, rifle shooting, canoeing, huge water slide into the lake, swimming in the pool and the lake, frisbee golf, volleyball, and so much more.  Tyler's favorite game they played was Capture the Flag.  Each day they had a devotion and learned about Jesus and how he grew and wisdom and stature.  Good times!